All quotes are valid for 14 days.
How do I accept a quote?
Our quote form will arrive with an acceptance form attached. Please carefully read the details including the date, times, pick up and destination addresses, passenger numbers and number of vehicles you wish to book, as you are responsible for the accuracy of these details. Once you are satisfied that the details are correct, the acceptance form must be signed and dated and sent back to our office. Please keep a copy of your acceptance on file for your records. (Please note: sending an acceptance is not regarded as a booking until you receive a booking confirmation).
How will I know my booking has been made?
On receiving your acceptance form, we will send a booking confirmation to you in writing. It will provide all the journey details. Please double check all the details are correct including any changes you may have organised and contact our office if any details are incorrect.
How do I make payment?
A 10% deposit is required on bookings up to 14 days prior to departure with final payment due 7 days prior to departure. Invoices are raised on request. No cash is accepted on the day.
Payment can be made by cheque EFT or credit card
Customers using a credit card accept the following on charges
Diners and Amex 4%
Visa and Mastercard 2.5%
Account Customers includes Government Schools
An invoice will be raised on the day of departure. Terms are strictly as invoiced and start from the date of invoice
Do I have to ring to check my passenger numbers on my booking?
YES! We request that you ring to reconfirm your booking 24 hrs prior to travel and to confirm your passenger numbers.
What if I have to make changes to the booking?
Any amendments to your booking after confirmation can only be accepted subject to availability. Compass Tours reserves the right to charge an amendment fee in respect of any change to your booking in addition to any other applicable charges in relation to the amendment such as additional time or distance.What if the booking needs to be extended or we run overtime?
If you wish to cancel your booking with Compass Tours we will require notification in writing (email or fax) or by phone as early as possible if cancellation is unavoidable due to weather conditions. Should you fail to do so the following cancellation fees will apply?
What charges are payable on cancellations?
Cancellation Notification and Fees (Local Sports)
* No charge applies when cancellations have been advised at least two hour prior to departure time and the vehicle has not left the depot;
* 50 % of the quoted amount as per the booking will be invoiced if the booking is cancelled within two hour of the departure time or the vehicle has left the depot.
* If coaches/buses arrive at the pickup location/boarding point and are not required or utilised and have not been cancelled, the full amount will be invoiced as per the booking.
Cancellation Notification and Fees (All Day Hire / Transfers or those other than School Sports )
* No charge applies when cancellations have been advised in writing 7 days or more prior to departure and the vehicle has not left the depot;
* 50 % of the quoted amount as per the booking will be invoiced if the booking is cancelled within 48 hrs of the departure time or the vehicle has left the depot.
* If coaches/buses arrive at the pickup location/boarding point and fail to load or are not required or utilised and have not been cancelled, the full amount will be invoiced as per the booking.
* In addition to the above cancellation fees and charges any associated cost incurred by Compass Tours and Penrith Bus Company will be on charged.
Can we eat or drink on the vehicle?
Food and beverages (including lollies, chocolate and chewing gum) are not to be consumed on any vehicle except bottled water with screw cap or food for medicinal purposes. It is important to include regular comfort stops ( every 2 hours if possible ) in your itinerary. Your responsibility for any damage is in accordance with these terms and conditions.
What happens if we damage the bus?
You are responsible for any charge levied by a supplier in respect of any damage caused to a vehicle as a direct result of your booking if left in an unsatisfactory manner either during or at the conclusion of the hire period. You will not be responsible for payment where damage was caused by the actions of any employee of the supplier. In all case the driver of any vehicle will have the discretion to stop the vehicle and disembark those passengers engaging in unacceptable or unruly behavior including the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs.
Can you smoke or drink alcohol on the bus?
Transport regulations and laws do not permitted smoking or drinking of alcohol on any passenger transport vehicle or at bus stops or interchanges .